Sunday 6 March 2011

Making origami

When I’m bored, I like to make origami! From shrimps and hearts, to 3D starts, spiders and samurai hats, the art of folder paper can be extremely diverse and entertaining! ♥

I was first introduced to origami by one of my very good friends in high school. She showed me how to make origami stars and hearts with metro transfers. Since then, I’ve been doing a little bit of origami in my spare time. I bought squared coloured origami paper and countless types and colours of special star origami paper.

This is my current origami star collection, I have so many XD

It’s super fun, but it can get really frustrating and time consuming when you are trying to make a complicated model. Nothing worse than spending half an hour on a difficult origami and realise you screwed up. The worst part is, I cannot make a reverse fold for the life of me. Of course, most cool designs require them, bummer =( I've tried to make a Yoda origami in the past, but I simply cannot get the hang of it!

With a little practice though I’ve been able to achieve a few cool ones like a shrimp, a spider, some fishies and flowers =D

I take most of my models from http://www.origami-instructions.com, it’s one of simplest and easiest to follow site I have found so far!

If any of you have web sites recommendations, please leave them in a comment, because I haven’t got much luck with that so far =p

Here are a couple of my origami creations for the fun of it!

Origami chair, heart, spider and shrimp!


Origami winged heart, flower, throwing star (?), and crab =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...