Tuesday 15 March 2011

Beauty dilemma : BB cream


I have heard about BB cream for the first time over a year ago. Ever since that day, I have been really interested in trying it out for myself, because the idea is ingenious. The concept is that it is a foundation, moisturizer, acne and age fighting (and often whitening) cream all in one! Basically, almost a one step skin care cream. It is very popular in asian countries and many asian women swear by it.

The only issue is that there aren’t many colours available. Also, since I cannot purchase them from stores around me, I have to get it from the Internet, which means I need to guess which colour would be more suited for my skin tone. That idea does not appeal to me at all! Especially since BB creams are typically more expensive than what I tend to spend of skincare (20-30$ price range). Therefore, if I mess up and choose a colour that doesn’t suit me, it’s pretty much money wasted! :(
Also, some I’ve heard some people say that certain brand of BB creams can cast a greyish shadow onto the skin. I doubt I would have this problem since my skin is very fair, but I’ve never tried it, so I might be wrong.

Overall, I’m hesitating on whether or not I want to give BB creams a go. What brands are good? Have you had any issue with your skin looking gray while using a BB cream? Is it worth it for me to invest in a BB cream? Let me know!

If you have any other asian makeup items you would like to recommend, please let me know. I would like to get into it, but I have trouble getting myself started. The packaging is always super cute, but sometimes I have a hard time figuring out what is what! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...