Wednesday 16 March 2011

DOFT : my version of lemon chicken


DOFT stands for Dinner of the day! Fun concept or not? Tell me what you think!



Today, for dinner, I made one of my favourite recipes : Lemon chicken! My mother used to make this meal for us all the time and as soon as I started cooking for my own self, I asked her to share the recipe with me. I’ve been making it for my boyfriend and I ever since ♥

Since I love this recipe so much, I thought I would share how to make it here. You can accompany the chicken with either long grain or short grain (the sticky type) rice. I choose broccoli instead for today, since I wanted something a little lighter. The lemony sauce marries fantastically with the broccoli.


These are the ingredients you will need for two portions:





- The juice of two lemons
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tbsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ a broccoli
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 3 tsp caper*
- Oil to fry

* You can skip the capers if you don’t like them

Prepping the chicken



First, remove any fat from the chicken breasts. Then slice them into thin strips of approximately the same size (so that the chicken will cook evenly and quickly).



Mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a plate or a bowl. Cover each strip of chicken liberally with the flour mixture.





Warm up some vegetable oil in a pan on medium high. Add the chicken making sure nothing overlaps. Cook until golden brown on each side.





Add 1 cup of chicken stock, the juice of two lemons, and capers. Let it simmer until the sauce thickens.


Prepping the broccoli

Cut and wash half a broccoli. Then, cook it until tender by either steaming ( I used this method today) or by boiling it.


Serve everything togheter. If you like, add some sauce over the broccoli. Tadah! YUM ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...