Wednesday 27 November 2013

Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten Review and Swatches


Texture & Application : These highlighters are smooth and buttery. The powder is fine and soft, but not so soft that a lot will become loose when you dip your brush in (if you swipe it too hard it will though). To apply this, I like using the Real Techniques contour brush when I want a noticeable highlight. If I want something more subtle, I'll use a fan brush instead. Both powders are very pigmented, meaning that they are very noticeable on the skin even when applied lightly and both apply very evenly.

Finish
 : Both highlighter have beautiful sheen to them without being overly glittery. Depending on which color you apply, you will get a glowy golden highlight or a more subtle and fair-skin friendly light pink highlight.  Personally, on a day to day basis, unless I'm going for a specific look, I like a little bit of both so I mix the two before I apply.

Swatches

On the Cheeks
Left Pinky Shade applied by itself

Right Bronzey shade applied by itself

Both shades applied together

Packaging : The packaging is super cute. It's a small peach colored plastic compact with little stars on it. It's quite light so it's easy to transport. It also seems to be quite durable and it closes securely. It has small mirror inside which could be handy, but it's pretty small so I'm not sure I would use it unless I had nothing else on hand. I'm surprised by how nice this packaging is because the only other Stila product that I own is the In The Lights Palette (which I love by the way) and the cardboard packaging is terrible. It's super messy and dirty now and you can even see the plastic layer on it starting to unglue in some places.




Price
 : 29$ at Canadian Sephora. You can get it on Amazon.com for 14.92$ (score!)

Overall
 : I like that this highlighter has both shades in it, making it very versatile. You could probably accommodate most looks with these two colors. It works wonderfully with my fair skin and the quality is outstanding in my opinion. I'm very happy with this purchase, especially since I only paid 15$ for it. I'm not sure I would be willing to shell out the 29$ Sephora is charging to get it though, so if you can get a good deal on it I definitely recommend, otherwise, I'm sure other cheaper alternatives exist that would be relatively similar to this. I give it a 8/10 because of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...