Wednesday 20 March 2013

Beauty Empties n1 : Mini Product Reviews

Hey everyone!

Lately I've been seeing a lot of beauty empties posts around and it has inspired me to do the same! I like the concept because you can give mini reviews for each products you've finished. Once you've gone through a whole product, you can really tell whether of not it's a good product and if you like it, making the review that much more useful for the viewers. Anyway, I've been keeping all my empties since the idea to make my own empty post came to my mind (a few months back I believe). Today, I realized that I have been waiting so long that I have accumulated a lot more than I thought! I guess that means it's time to do my first beauty empties :)

I hope you like these posts! Let me know in the comments if you enjoy these. ♥

* WARNING * This post will most likely be super lengthy since I've amassed so many products to talk about. Hopefully it'll be interesting for you all :|

The first half!
 Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo
Supposed to leave your hair weightless and nourished  I don't feel like it made my hair any lighter than it usually is. Then again, I have a lot of hair and it is usually pretty heavy so maybe it would be more efficient on people with less hair. Anyway, it's a good shampoo and it doesn't leave my hair greasy feeling, but it didn't really do what it's supposed to do for me. Wouldn't repurchase.

Aussie Moist Conditioner
This is my second or third repurchase of this conditioner.  I love the smell and I like how super thick it is. Perfect for my really dry ends. I would definitely repurchase again.

Essential Shampoo - Nuance Airy
This shampoo was fine at first, but towards the end of the huge bottle I feel like it started to not agree with my hair. I started getting acne along my hairline and my hair would get greasy a lot faster than usual. I didn't enjoy the smell either since it's very floral and it's not really my thing. I wouldn't say I disliked the shampoo, but I'm glad it's finally finished (I don't usually tend to buy big shampoo bottles because I get tired my shampoo quite quickly).

Essential Conditioner - Nuance Airy
Unlike the shampoo which didn't impress me very much, I really enjoyed the Essential conditioner  It has a similar scent as the shampoo, but not exactly the same (I preferred it over the shampoo). It's very thick and quite nourishing. I ran out of it super quickly compared to the shampoo.

Thermasilk Conditioner for curly hair
I don't even know why I had this bottle of conditioner  My hair is far from curly and this line has been discontinued for several years. I think my mother had it sitting in a cupboard somewhere and she gave it to me. Nothing special, but I can't really talk since it's not made for my hair type. Plus, the bottle was really old, so maybe it had gone bad?

Colgate Total Tooth Paste
I had never realized how whitening whitening-toothpastes really are until I used this toothpaste. I have always used whitening toothpastes in the past and never really thought much about it. This tooth paste doesn't have a whitening agent in it and I realized  now that I'm using a whitening toothpaste again, that my teeth got a lot whiter since I stopped using it. I don't think I'll repurchase.

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Gentle Cleanser
This cleanser lasted me for ages! It was nothing special though, in fact it's so gentle that I kind of felt like it didn't do much for my skin at all. I wouldn't repurchase.

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
Good moisturizer if you want something light and non greasy. It absorbs quickly and it doesn't have much of a scent. It lasts a very long time too and it's not too expensive. I've had two bottles of this and I might repurchase once I run out of the other moisturizers I'm currently using. It would be great for acne prone skin.

Clean & Clear Soothing Eye Makeup Remover
Does the job well, inexpensive, doesn't sting your eyes. It's a pretty good makeup remover and I would definitely repurchase.

Baptise Dry Shampoo
There are two travel sized ones pictured above and a full size in the following picture. I have repurchased this a few times now. I quite like it and it saves my hair when I'm in a pinch. You have to be careful not to over apply otherwise it leaves a grey film in your hair. I'm not a fan of the smell either, but I'm not a fan of the smell of any dry shampoo so far. Would repurchase.

Secret Gel Deodorant - Pretty in Peach
Absolutely love the smell of this. The texture is very nice and it doesn't leave a white film on your clothing since it's gel. Would repurchase.

Clean & Clear Persa Gel 5
I have raved about this spot treatment quite a few times on my blog in the past. It's still my holy grail when it comes to fighting off pesky spots. I've acquired the Persa Gel 10 in the US recently and it has only made me love it even more. It's super effective and gets rid of any spot that I have quickly. Would repurchase.

Softlips Natural Lip Balm
Another product I've mentionned already on here. It's discontinued unfortunately. I've gone through at least 4-5 of these and I still have three backups. I just love this lip balm so much ♥ Not gonna say too much about it since you can't get it anymore.

Maybelline Babylips Lip Balm
This is the culprit of my latest lip balm obsession.  It has launched me into a frenzy of Babylips buying recently  I think I've got all of them now. This one doesn't have a tint, but the texture is lovely and it smells quite nice. My favorites at the moment are Cherry and Grape. Would repurchase.

Blistex Pink Lemonade Lip Balm
I think I mentioned this one also in the past.It's my 2 or third tube. I love the texture and the smell, but the best part is the taste. It tastes exactly how it should : yummy tart pink lemonade. ♥ Would repurchase.

Nivea Whitening Happy Shave Anti-Perspirant
Love the packaging. It's great for travel and doesn't have a chance to melt in your bag. It does its job, but the smell is just average and I didn't really notice any whitening. I have a few backups for travel so I probably won't repurchase any time soon.

Sèche Vite Top Coat
As you can tell, there's quite a bit of product left in there, but it's all solid now. I was pretty bummed about that considering I paid 8 bucks for it. It's not easy to find over here in Quebec City either. Sometimes they have it at Winners, but you can't really count on it. I loved it while it lasted though. It made my nails super shiny and glossy. What I found though is that it applies very thick, which is why I went through the bottle very fast. I also sometimes made my nail art bleed (especially dark colors). Finally I didn't think it dried that quickly in comparison with other top coat I have tried. I liked it, but it's not quite a holy grail product for me. Might repurchase.

L'Oréal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liner - Carbon Black
Adored this liner. Pretty much the only liquid liner I am able to work with. It's very dark and not too glossy. It doesn't flake off or run. My only issue with this is how expensive it is (12$ CAD), hence the reason I haven't repurchased it yet. Would repurchase eventually.

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
I haven't finished this one officially since it dried up, but I'll count it anyway :P I liked it quite a lot. It's been a while since it's been dry though so I can't remember how much I liked it in comparison to my current favorites (Colossal and Clump Crusher). It wasn't so great when it started to first dry out though. Would probably repurchase.

Phew! This post is already super long and I'm not even done yet. If you're reading this, thanks for hanging in there ;)


Even more empties!
I should have done this sooner. Now this post is waaay too long! :( I'm glad I get to thrash all of these empties though. I've been hauling all this trash for a few months now lol.

Softsoap Creamy Milk Protein & Honey Body Wash
Just a regular yummy smelling body wash. Not particularly moisturizing, but it does the job and foams up nicely. Would repurchase.

Bath & Body Works Anti Bacterial Hand Soap
I finished a few of their Halloween themed soaps. I liked that it came out as a foam and that the packaging is super cute. I enjoyed all three scents, but, my least favorite was the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin since it was a bit sickly sweet for my taste for a hand soap (since the smell does linger on your hands for a while). I thought these were a bit drying though, I might try the  moisturizing hand soaps next time. Would repurchase, but not this formula.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
I've heard a few beauty gurus on Youtube saying they like these. For some reason I didn't like them. I'm not sure what it is about them that other people like, but it's one of my least favorite wipes so far. It's too dry and abrasive for my skin and it cannot take my eye makeup off unless I scrub like crazy. Wasn't too fond of the way it left my skin feeling afterwards. Would not repurchase.

Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes
These are my favorite makeup wipes. I think I have mentionned them a few times. I have a plastic container which I refill with these white packs. I think I have gone through at least 6 packs of these (and they contain 60 wipes, unlike other makeup up wipes brands which usually have 30 in them). I love everything about them. First off, the price is amazing (10$ for two 60 packs - incredibly low if you consider other brands sell them for 7-10$ for 30). They are also very soft ( they have a light quilting which helps remove all of my face makeup), and quite saturated. I can use them to remove my eye makeup and it doesn't irritate my eyes. Would repurchase over and over again.

Well that's it for this ridiculously never ending post. Hope you enjoyed this if you're still here :) Good end of the week everyone! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Baptiste doesn't seem to do much for me. It doesn't help honestly. Just makes my hair not smell bad if I haven't shampooed in a while.

    I used the moisturizer neutrogena before. Liked it but it left my skin too dry. I dumped it afer the third repurchase.

    I just bought new shampoo at winners. Argan oil made in canada solar power untested! Lets just hope it does as good as its manufacturing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's a hit or miss. If I need just a little bit, it'll work, if not it doesn't make that big of a difference.

    Tell me how you like the new shampoo! I'm looking to try out something new :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...