Monday 28 February 2011

Backpacking ♥

I’ve had the traveling bug for quite a while now. I used not to believe my mom when I was younger and she told that once you try it, you simply cannot go back! Traveling to me, is highly addictive, it’s the most fun, adventure, exhilaration I’ve experienced of all my life!
For now, my addiction is limited to backpacking style traveling on a very minimal budget, which means, no shopping, quality hotels or expensive restaurants! Even though I hope to try a more luxurious type of traveling in the future, I feel like I’ve experienced so much through budget traveling! (Although it was REALLY difficult to keep myself from buying EVERYTHING in Malaysia, they have the cutest stuff 8D)

Picture of MBK center in Bangkok. My boyfriend and I spent so much time there =D

View from Georgetown, Malaysia

So far, I’ve been to Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore ♥) and Central America (Honduras, Guatemala, Bélize, El Salvador, Nicaragua ♥) for two months each. The experiences I have from these countries are incomparable! From volcano hiking and boarding, to surf, scuba diving, horseback riding, snorkelling, jungle treks, elephant rides, white water rafting to petting tigers, I cannot imagine what my life would be now if I hadn’t gone out to explore the world!


Landscape in Luang Prabang, Laos

Most georgous beach I have even seen in Koh Samui, Thailand


I haven’t been able to travel within the past year and a half because I was finishing Cégep and money was tight. But I’m taking half a year off before I start university (the program I want to do is only taught in the fall), so my boyfriend and I are thinking about leaving again, where should we go? Central America or Asia again? South America? Europe? (Probably a little too expensive for us, but I can dream right? =p)

Did any of you travel? If so, where? Does anyone have the travel bug like me? =D

Also if anyone is interested in knowing what I bring with me backpacking, or tips for independent travel, just say so in the comments and I will work on an entry about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...