Friday 14 March 2014

Pampering Night : a Beautifying and Relaxing Evening

 Recently, I've been a bit swamped with work and school. This week is also my graduation picture and I want to look my best for the occasion so I decided to give myself a bit of a home spa night to take some time off and beautify a little! I'm sharing this in case you all would like to try it at home!

Here's how I usually proceed

1) First up is my dental routine. I brush my teeth and apply my Whitestrips. I'v been whitening for the past 2 weeks in preparation for my grad picture. These need to sit for 30 minutes so I do that first.

2) Next, I take care of my hair. First, I will shampoo my hair (I use the kitchen sink for that, anyone else does that?), rinse thoroughly and put my hair up in a towel.

Then, while I wait for my hair to dry a little (I want it to be damp, not wet) I start setting up my computer with shows to watch and make myself a drink (I usually make herbal tea, but tonight I felt like having a beer). 

Once that's ready, I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb and apply a hair mask to the ends of my hair. After that, I put my hair up using a clip.

3) Next I prep my skin. I start by washing my face and then I apply a face mask. Today I'm using a purifying mask and I look a little scary as you can see :P

4) Now, it's time to run the bath. I love adding some bubble bath (or a bath bomb, but I'm all out of that) to make it more festive when I feel like pampering myself.

I also  light up a few candles for ambiance. My current favorite two candles to burn simultaneously are Cranberry Pear Bellini and Sweet Clementine, both by Bath and Body Works.

5) At this point 30 minutes have passed and I remove the Whitestrips.

6) Now it's time for the best part : soaking in the tub with a nice drink and my favorite shows!

I also take that time to wash my body with my Honeysuckle body wash, exfoliate, shave my legs and use a massage bar on my legs, knees and elbows to make them soft and hydrated. After 20 minutes, I also wash off the face mask.

7) After my bath, I go back to the sink and rinse off the hair mask and then I wrap my hair back in a towel.

8) Next is skin care. I apply a face oil, moisturizer and eye cream first. Next I exfoliate my lips and apply lip balm. I also apply body lotion at this point.

9) I take my hair out of the towel and apply my usual hair styling products. This time I used an hair oil by Organix and a blow dry lotion by Got 2b.

10) Last but not least, I take care of my nails. This time I painted my toe nails a bright shade of pink and applied press on fake nails (I did this solely for the sake of my grad picture, I actually find them really uncomfortable and cannot wait to remove them!). I moisturize my cuticles with the Lush cuticle cream and also apply hand cream.

11) To end my relaxing evening, I bring my laptop in my bed and keep watching my shows until I fall asleep!

---

That's all I do when I want to pamper myself a little! Do you guys also do beauty nights like this? Let me know in the comments! ♥

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...