Monday 15 April 2013

Beauty Review : Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo

Hey everyone! Today I'm back with a dry shampoo review! If you've been following me for a while, you probably know that I like to use dry shampoo quite a bit, especially when I'm travelling. It's great for a quick pick me up when your second day hair doesn't look as fresh as you would like it to be.

I've tried out a few different kinds (in fact I've just got a new one from Lush recently. Check out my haul). Today I am reviewing a fairly new product (at least to me), from Batiste.

It's the XXL Volume Dry Shampoo. It's a little different from other dry shampoos that I have tried since it is really geared towards volumizing.

I got this at Winners. I would have gotten the price sticker out for you, but it actually peeled the can's color off.
---

Review :

Pros : Definitely volumizing. The volume stays in your hair for the whole day and if it starts to fall a little flat, you can lift it up by just passing your fingers through your hair near the roots. It also doesn't smell as chemically as most dry shampoo do. It's inexpensive and I love the look of the can.

Cons : To me, it doesn't help soak up the excess sebum that much. The product's emphasis on volume is so strong, that I think it doesn't work that well as a dry shampoo. In fact, it gives a sort of static cling kind of feel to your roots when applied (similar to other volumizing powders I have tried). Personally I'm not very keen on having that kind of texture in my hair, but I know some people swear by these powder for adding volume to their crown.

Also, the smell is quite floral which could be a pro if you're into that, but for me, it's a bit off putting.

Lastly, I think it leaves a quite obvious white film behind in your hair. It's a lot more noticeable than any other dry shampoos that I have tried. I think it's even worse than baby powder.

This is how white it gets when you spray it on your hand. My other dry shampoos don't do that.

Overall : not a product I would recommend as far as the dry shampoo side of things. If you are looking for volume and if you have light hair, then this could work for your. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it and I won't be purchasing this again. I usually like Batiste Dry Shampoos, but I would pass on this one.

---

That's all for this review! Let me know what products you would like to see a review for on this blog. :)

Don't forget to follow my blog and like my Facebook page for more reviews like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...