Hey everyone! Today I thought I would share a quick before and after of my makeup vanity reorganization. I haven't got tons of new makeup since I'm on the 10$/week project, but I did purge quite a few things back in may. Also things were getting a little messy and I felt like the setup wasn't working that well for me anymore. Also, if you have the MALM vanity from Ikea, you probably know that the drawer doesn't pull all the way out, making products placed at the back of the drawer quite hard to reach. There are tutorials online on how to fix that problem, but you have to be a little handy and have a couple tools which I have neither. There were a few products I found hard to reach which was annoying so I tried to figure out a way that all would be easily accessible. Check out the results!
What's changed :
- I no longer keep my falsies, medium palettes and lip balms in the drawer. It was starting to get out of hand and it was hard to find what I was looking for.
- I purged a LOT of mascaras.
- I divided my single shadows, cream shadows and gel liners using a ice cube tray to help me see them more easily.
- I rearranged the baskets to ensure maximum use and a minimum of products in the back where it's hard to reach.
- I added 2 primer baskets, one for face and one for eyes (which also holds my two brow products).
- The hardest products to reach are the lipglosses, which I don't use a lot and my less used/not my color right now foundations. Even then, because the baskets aren't high, they're pretty easy to get.
I'm really pleased with how it looks now! Everything is easy and quick to find! Hope you enjoyed this quick before and after update on makeup organization system! Let me know which of the three your prefer in the comments! :)
---Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥