Saturday 28 September 2013

What's in my Z Palette + Quick Review

Hey all! Recently, I ordered the Makeup Geek exclusive Damask Print Z Palette from Amazon.com. I have wanted a Z Palette forever now, so I decided to go ahead and get it to help me store my drugstore shadow collection. The concept is that you remove the shadows that your own from their original packaging, magnetize them and finally place them in this convenient palette. This way, you have everything in one place and it's easy to see and reach for what you have. It's also very easy to store and helps maximize your space.

Here is what's inside my Z Palette

On the left I have a few misc shadow from NYX, Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel, Wet n Wild and one high end shadow from Estée Lauder (large round pan). On the right, I have all my Wet n Wild trios which were very easy to depot, by the way.

Review

My thoughts on the concept and the product

♥ The process of depotting the shadows itself was pretty straight forward, but it was kind of messy at times and quite time consuming. I'm very happy with the results so I think it was worth it though. If you want to learn how to depot your shadows, there are many very useful tutorials on Youtube on how to do it. I used one of those.

♥ The palette is very sturdy and has a cute print. I love the look of it.

♥ The magnets, while strong enough to adhere efficiently to the palette, don't stick that well.  Mine had trouble  staying glued to the back of the shadows' metal pans. I had to reinforce it with super glue or else the magnet would stay on the palette, but the shadow would fall out of it.

♥ The magnets that come with it are round and quite large which was obviously a problem with the long rectangular shaped pans I wanted to use. I cut them in half using scissors, but it made the magnets crooked and I had to straighten them out individually which made the process even longer. I would say it might be a good idea to forgo the magnets included completely and to get your own from a craft store.

♥ I wish these palettes were less expensive. I paid mine around the 20$ mark. As you can see, it does fit quite a few shadows, but I would of liked to depot more shadows than that. I would say this is about half of the ones I own. If the palettes had been cheaper, I would have gotten two. I still might do that eventually, but now yet.

---

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...