Monday, 11 November 2013

NYX Mega Shine Lip gloss Review and Lip Swatches

Hey all! Today I'm reviewing the NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses for you. I recently purchases two of their lip glosses because I had been wanting to try them for ever! I finally cracked and got them online so I could try them out. I know a lot of people love these on Youtube, so I thought I would tell you what I thought of them.

Review
NYX  Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural and Plush Red

Color payoff : The two lip glosses I own have a very good color payoff, but the Plush Red shade really stands out. It's pretty much opaque and will give you a red lip with no red lipstick underneath. I think it's fantastic! The natural shade is made to be, like the name says, more natural looking, so it's a bit more sheer, but it stills offer a good amount of color on the lips.

Texture, Application and Wear : These apply very smoothly to the lips. They're not too sticky, just enough so that they stay on a little while. I wouldn't say these wear exceptionally long since they are, after all, lip glosses. My guess is they would wear about 2 hours without touching up if you don't eat or drink.

Finish : They look very glossy on the lips, especially the plush red shade. Both are a cream finish, meaning that they do not contain glitter or shimmer. That's usually how I prefer my glosses. I believe other shades from this range contain shimmer, but the two I have don't.

Packaging : The packaging is simple and practical. They have a little bow at the top of the cap which is think is a very cute touch. I quite like the packaging.

Scent : The scent of these lip glosses is what I was kind of concerned about before I received them. The reason being that many people on Youtube say that they hate the smell. The smell of the NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses is quite strong and I understand why some people might not enjoy it. It's a very sweet cherry smell. Personally, it doesn't bother me, and I don't smell it once it's on my lips. If you're very sensitive to smells, you might not like this product though.

Price : 5$ each

Overall : I'm very happy with the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss shades that I got and with the quality of these glosses in general. I'm thinking of getting more in the near future. I'm not much of a gloss wearer, but since the glosses aren't too sticky, I find them quite comfortable to wear. 8.5/10

Lip Swatches
Natural 

Plush Red

---

That's all for today's review, I hope this helps! Let me know if you've ever tried NYX Glosses!

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...