Monday 13 May 2013

Beauty Blogger Tag


Hi everyone, today I'm doing a fun tag I saw on the blog of Emily from Beauty Broadcast! It's beauty blogger tag.  I've been watching her videos and reading her blog for a long time now and I particularly enjoyed this tag. I think the questions are interesting so I'm doing it for your all :)


---

Questions
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally pin straight. It's a bit frizzy sometimes, but other than that it's very straight.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I don't dye my hair at the moment. I used to try different shades as a teen, but I haven't dyed my hair in about 6 years, probably because most colors I had were a disaster! I think my natural color suits me best, but I would love to try blond again someday.

The reason I don't color my hair anymore

Both pictures are super old (15-16 years old), don't judge :P

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I either leave it down and straight or I have a pony tail or bun if it's messy. I don't do much to it really. In the summer I like doing a french braid to get it out of the way.
Love doing french braids when it's hot. I miss my summer tan :(
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own and I'm getting better at making it look nice :D I've only had my nails done at a salon once for prom a couple of years back. 

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
I don't wear it all the time. Sometimes I'll change it three times in a week and other times I won't wear any for a month or more. Depends on my mood and how much free time I have.

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Only in the summer and if I'm wearing sandals. I don't really see the point in spending time on it if it's going to be hidden all the time.

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
It depends on what kind of look I'm going for, but if I decide to wear eye liner it takes at least 15-20 minutes. For everyday, I opt for a little foundation, powder, blush and mascara and that doesn't take more than 5 minutes.

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Eyes definitely. I often get fallout from the shadows I use so I prefer to do the face last to make sure that it's perfect.

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I guess I'm a collector. I don't have a ton of products, but I do have a few options for every kind of product which is more than just the bare minimum. I also love variety especially in terms of eye shadow so I have quite a few of those.

I guess this proves I'm a bit more of a collector :P

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Almost every time I do a makeup look for my blog. It doesn't look complete without it and it adds more interest to a look. In everyday life, I never wear them. I don't think I've ever worn fake lashes out of the house. It's kind of funny now that I think about it.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
No, I rarely wear a full face of makeup out of the house. I might go for it if I'm particularly motivated or if it's a special occasion, but otherwise I'm generally more comfortable with minimal makeup.

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
Sometimes when I do looks for my blog I will. Otherwise if I'm just lounging around the house I probably won't.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Most of the time I don't wear any kind of makeup when I go out. I do enjoy doing my makeup though so I often do a bit of foundation and mascara, especially if I'm a bit tired that day.

14. How many high-end products do you have?
Very little. I'd say my collection is composed of 95% drugstore and 5% high-end. I have a few shadow palettes that are high-end, but everything else is drugstore.

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I don't really plan my outfits beforehand unless I'm going to a formal occasion. I usually just grab what's clean and comfy. I'm not very fashionable.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
I have one bag at a time usually. It's usually an inexpensive bag so it gets pretty battered within a few months. I change it when it starts showing wear.

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
With school and everything, it's hard for me to keep a regular sleep schedule. I like to study at night so right now for the end of my trimester, I wake up at noon and go to sleep around 5 am. If I have to go to class in the morning, I sleep a few hours go to class, nap 2-3 hours in the afternoon and go to sleep at my normal time.

18. How often or when do you workout?
I am the worse couch potato. I don't exercise much during the school year. I get all my exercise in during the summer time when we go backpacking.

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right.

20. How tall are you?
5'6" 

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak French, English and a little Spanish (not fluently, but I can read it and understand simple conversations).

22. How many pets do you have?
I have three cats :)

23. How often are you on Blogger?
Everyday! Lately I've been working a lot on my blog so I spend several hours a day on here. I also like to keep up with my favorite blogs. I have been preparing loads of blog posts in advance since this is the end of my trimester and things are about to get hectic!

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I sometimes read them, but I'm mostly read the comments on my own blog.

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yep, I have a beauty wishlist that I like to keep on Evernote (best note taking app in my opinion). I'm list list maker, what can I say :P

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I'm not particularly proud of my blog name. At first, I thought it would only be a temporary name until I got a better idea of what to call it. It ended up just staying like that. It's pretty self explanatory, I like to post about things I'm passionate about, hence the "favorite things" part. Luhivy is just my online nickname. (random note : it was the name of my first character on World of Warcraft).

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?

I use a Canon Rebel T3i.

28. How often do you clean your house?
At least once a week, I pick up everything that not where it's supposed to be and clean the surfaces. As far as walls, floors, windows, etc, I usually do it once every six months and spot clean when necessary.

29. What's your favorite color?
Lately I've been really liking pastel peach.

30. Do you swear?
Not really unless I'm really mad about something.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Studying and I might listen to an episode of Bones (I'm totally obsessed with the series lately).

---

Phew! It's a pretty long tag! I hope you enjoyed reading this and I tag all of you to do it :)

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...