Friday 24 February 2012

Stila In the Lights Eyeshadow Palette review and swatches


Close up of the Stila In the Lights Palette


Close up of the Smudge Stick Eyeliner in Damsel


Swatches without flash, no base
Damsel

Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone

Champagne, gilded gold, luster, night sky, ebony


This is probably the most expensive makeup item I've ever bought. I never even looked at much Stila products before I saw this palette at Shopper's Drug Mart.

when I first swatched it, I knew instantly I needed this palette! The colors are great, ultra pigmented, and the texture is the smoothest I have ever seen in eyeshadow.

With this palette you get a selection of 10 eyeryday wearable colors and a smudge stick eyeliner in Damsel. The price is 50$ CAD. It's a lot pricier then what I usually spend on makeup, but after using it for the past few months, it is clear that it was a good investment.

The liner is amazing. It's creamy, and won't budge. It doesn't tug your eye when applied and it even if you rub on it, it will stay. Considering this is a full size and not a sample size and that the price for buying it on it's own is 18$ (I think), it's amazing that it is included in here.

I actually debated getting the Naked Palette instead of this one, but I decided against it, because I really wanted the liner. I also didn't want the brush that comes in with the Naked Palette now, so I thought I would spend my money more wisely, by getting this one. I don't regret my choice whatsoever!

My favorites are bare as a brow bone highlight, kitten their ever-so-famous supper shimmerly light beige color, bliss as a blending color and sunset because of it's beautiful metallic finish. I love every color though and I have to say they have quite a bit of fallout.

The black could be darker in my opinion as well.

Bottom line, this product is amazing and I'm glad I decided to shell out the cash for it. It's super versatile and great for everyday wear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...