Wednesday 15 February 2012

Oreo cheesecake cupcake recipe

I made an oreo cheesecake cupcake recipe for Valentine's day. I consulted many websites to give myself some ideas, but couldn't find an exact recipe for what I was looking for. So I decided to follow a couple recipes from different websites and I got my own, really yummy recipe.



These cupcakes are creamy, sweet and decadent. I am actually in shock of how great these turned out! My boyfriend who loves oreo cheesecake and anything cookies and cream devored these! Since it was such a success and since there isn't a recipe quite like this anywhere on the Internet, I thought I would share it so you all can try them if you want :D

Difficulty level : Easy

Ingredients for 12 cupcakes

Crust :

- 20 oreos
- ¼ cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp of sugar

Filling :

- 6 oreos
- 2 large eggs
- 500g of cream cheese (2 bricks)
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract

How to make it :

Make sure to soften your cream cheese before starting by letting it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes.

Also preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.

Preparing the crust :

First, crush the 20 oreos finely. You can do this using a wooden spoon in a bowl, or do it in a ziplock bag. I would suggest you chop them up first to make your life easier. It does take a bit of work to get the texture though, if you have a food processor (which I don't), use that instead, it will be much quicker!

Add in the sugar and evenly distribute it throughout the cookie crumbs. Then, add in the melted butter and mix to coat everthing. The texture should be something like wet sand. Now, line your muffin pan with paper liners and add 1 tbsp of the mixture into each liner. Press the crust firmly at the bottom of the liner using your fingers until you get a pretty smooth and even crust at the bottom. Once this is done, the crust is ready.





Preparing the filling :

In a bowl, add the softened cream cheese, the sugar and the vanilla extract. Using an electric beater, mix until you get a smooth paste. Then, add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing with a spatula just enough to combine. If you mix too much at this point, the cheesecakes will crack when cooked, so be careful not to overmix. Fold in the six oreos which you have chopped coarsely beforehand. That's it! Pour the filling evenly in the muffin pan and you're ready to bake it.



Bake the cupacakes for 30 minutes at 275 degrees. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let them rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. At this point, the filling will be almost set, but it will still be somewhat jiggly, that's what we want. After this, remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan, but leave them in their paper liners. Place them on a plate and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours so that the cupcakes have time to set.




That's all! Enjoy the recipe! Tell me in the comments if you try it :)



EDIT : In case anyone was curious, according to my calculation these cupcakes are about 300 calories each.

3 comments:

  1. This looks sooo good. I'm going to try this recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe these cupcakes have oreo in them. I've never seen oreo in cupcakes before. It's really cool. It's not so easy to come up with an excellent recipe, so I think you're really creative for this. Oreos are so good. I really want to try these cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys enjoyed the recipe, let me know how they turn out if you end up making them :D

    @ilovecooking I've seen a couple recipes, but none exactly like this one! I love oreo cheesecake so much, I just had to try and make it into cupcakes :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...