Thursday 9 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Review and Swatches

I've been hearing about the Naked 3 Palette coming out for a few months now. At first, I kind of thought it wasn't real and that if it were, Urban Decay would have announced it themselves. Turns out, not long after that, they did announce it and Bloggers started receiving it for reviews. As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew I had to get this one! It's the rose gold neutral version of the Naked Palette. Who doesn't love rose gold? I've had it a couple weeks now so I thought I'd give you all an in-depht review!

If you're interested in similar palette reviews you can check out my Nude Tude ReviewStila In the Lights Review and Naked 2 Palette Review


Review

Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette is another neutral palette from their Naked range. It contains 12 eye shadows including matte, shimmer, satin and glitter finishes. It's an everyday/wearable palette.

Pigmentation
As I mentioned before the pigmentation of the Urban Decay Shadows is outstanding. Most of the shadows in the palette, you can swipe delicately with you brush and you will get a ton of color.  The colors are intense and saturated, including the matte shades which is very impressive considering matte shades are often less pigmented.

Texture 
Most of the shadows aren't too powdery or chalky. The shimmery colors are buttery and the matte colors are significantly softer than most other brands I have tried. The glittery colors have quite a bit of fallout. Blackheart still applies nicely to the lid though, while Dust is kind of messy. Trick feels harder than the other shades and barely comes off on your brush. 

Wear 
I always use these over Urban Decay Primer Potion. They last all day and don't crease. I do use a base though, and I don't have oily  lids, so that's probably a factor to consider.

Application 
Most of the shadows from the Naked 3 Palette apply very well. Dust, like I mentionned before is an exception to that statement. It's a pretty color, but it's patchy and very flaky. Trick is another one that is harder to work with because you have to really press into the shadow to get good color payoff when applied. All the other colors apply evenly, easily and blend very well.


Color selection
Compared to the Naked 1 and 2, this is a lot rosier which I think is perfect for fair skin tones. The palette has a good mix or matte and shimmers which I love and I find that the highlight shade is light enough that it is visible on my brow bone (as opposed to the Naked 2 and the Naked 1 which only has a shimmery one). It also has a good variety of light and darker colors, all of which show true to color when applied. I'm really pleased with this color selection overall.

Packaging 

LookThe Naked 3 has very similar packaging to the Naked 1. It has the same metal tin feeling that is both durable and strong. This one has sort of a crinkled effect which is cute, but I prefer the more sleek look of the Naked 2. The color of the tin is reminiscent of the color selection that's inside, whilst the naked 2 has more of a cool color which I also think is a cool concept.


Material
I don't have much more to say about the material than what I said about the Naked 2 in my past review so here is a quote I wrote about the Naked 2 a while back : "As I mentioned before, the palette is made out of metal. It's very easy to clean and it's quite sturdy, enough so that I'm comfortable traveling with it, because I'm not afraid the shadows will break easily." 


Size
The Naked Palettes are all long thin rectangular shaped. They are relatively small so that they aren't too bulky if you decide to travel with them, but not super small either.


Mirror
The Naked 3 Palette has the same mirror than the Naked 2 which means I really love it! It's big enough to use and so practical. 


Included items
The palette comes with the same double ended brush as the Naked 2 and with a sample card of all the primer potions that Urban Decay makes. In my opinion this is the most boring palette in terms of the items that are included. I kind of feel like they skimped on that. I much prefer the Naked 1 which comes with a small primer potion. 

---

Swatches


My favorite colors are :  Burnout, Limit, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Blackheart

Note : All shadows are swatched dry using my finger over Urban Decay Primer Potion. 








Overall thoughts : Amazing palette and I'm really glad to have completed the Naked family by getting this one (I got the Naked 1 for Christmas, review coming soon!) Now that I have them all I think this is my second favorite palette of the collection. It's very versatile in the sense that it will give you natural and dramatic looks and the quality of the shadows is simply amazing. I definitely recommend it if you like pinkier shades.

Overall Score : 10/10

Would recommend? Yes! ♥

---

That's all for my review and swatches of the Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay. I hope this post was helpful for you all. Would you like to see a Naked 1 review even though it came out ages ago? Also, does anyone have the Naked Basics? Is it worth getting if I have all the Naked Palettes?  Please let me know in the comments if you have any other questions or suggestions :)

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...