Saturday 8 October 2011

My Current Hair Care Routine

I thought I would share my hair care routine with all of you!

First, I guess I should talk about my hair type so that you know what type of hair it works for!

- I have fine hair and I have a lots of it!
- My hair is very long and quite straight.
- It isn't colored.
- I use heat on it once a week on average.
- I haven't cut my hair in about two years (I know, beauty sin! :S I wanted it to grow lol - I'm getting a trim soon, I promise)
- It doesn't have a tendency to get very tangled or break a lot, but the ends tend to be dry and frizzy.
- I wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week, usually every other day.

Now with this said, this is how I keep my hair shiny and healthy looking:

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

1) First up is shampoo and conditionner. I like to try new things all the time and I barely ever repurchase. Right now I'm using this Argan oil, sulfate free, parabens free shampoo and conditionner by Organix.

So far it works nicely, doesn't leave any residue in my hair like other shampoo do. It helps my hair look clean longer. The shampoo's texture is unusual (a little bit lumpy), but it lathers just fine. The conditionner isn't as conditonning as I'm used to, so I always deep condition afterwards. Another shampoo and conditionner combo I love is the Moist by Aussie. The conditionner is super rich and really conditionning and it smells amazing!



2) Next is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle deep conditionner. I use this after every shampoo, I love the smells and it really helps make my hair smooth and soft.



3) When I come out of the shower, I keep my hair in a towel (apparently it's not very good for your hair?) for about 10 minutes.

4) After that, I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb and separate my hair where I when my part to be.

5) Then, I use the Chi Silk Infusion (which has an oily consistency) on my ends. I use about the size of a quarter of that in my hair. For shorter hair a nickel size amount would be enough I think.


6) After that I spray Aussie Sydney Smooth leave in conditionner in my hair and comb everything through my hair. If I'm going to let it air dry (most of the time), I will leave it like that.

7) *Optional* If I need to blow dry it because I need to go out soon, I also spray some Tresemmé heat protectant in it before I blow dry. After blow drying, sometimes my hair gets tons of flyaways, if that happens I use the tiniest bit of John Frieda Secret weapon to tame it.

I will sometimes flat iron my hair too. Depending on if I had to blow dry my hair first or not, I will use the Tressemmé heat protectant to protect it.

That's all I do on most days!

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

If by any chance I'm running late or have to go out unexpectedly and my hair isn't clean enough (let's say it's a little oily, but not a lot because otherwise even this method won't make it look presentable)

1) First I spray a little bit of this Tresemmé Fresh Start to make it smell nice.

2) Then I spray a small amount of Batiste dry shampoo in my hair, working in sections on the top of my hair and working it in with my fingers, then brushing it out.


That's about all I do to my hair! Any other tips you all might want to share? A product to recommend? I'd love to hear about it! Tell me in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...