Monday, 7 May 2012
My mom's banana bread recipe
1¾ cups of all purpose flour
½ cup of granulated white sugar
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of butter (or margarine)
4 tbsp of milk
1¾ tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 mashed bananas
How to do it :
- First preheat the oven at 350 F
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, brown sugar and granulated white sugar until you get a very creamy consistensy.
- Add the butter, milk, vanilla and bananas and beat until incorporated.
- Grease a square pan and dust it with a mix of white sugar and flower (1 tbsp of each) to allow it to rise evenly
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes off clean with no wet batter on it. It may take longer if you use a smaller pan since the cake will be more thick.
Note : Mine took much longer (~55 minutes) because I used a small pan with high side.